If you're an internet marketer or network marketer, one of the best and cheapest ways to drive targeted traffic to your website and generate leads is YouTube video marketing. However, there is a right way and a wrong way to do it and some key tips you need to know to make the most of your YouTube video marketing efforts.
Here are 7 tips that will help you generate leads with your YouTube videos:
1) Provide valuable content - Do not just promote your business opportunity in your videos, it will make you look desperate and amateurish. Instead, create training videos and review videos. Think of what kind of help or information your target market would be looking for and create a video that addresses that. It could be something as simple as how to register and forward a domain name or how to set up an autoresponder. This sets you apart as someone who is helpful and knows what they're doing and people will therefore be drawn to you.
2) Generate YouTube exposure by collecting ratings and comments - At the end of your video, ask your viewers to rate and comment on your video and to subscribe to your YouTube channel to receive more helpful videos. Videos with more comments and ratings tend to rank higher on YouTube search results.
3) Unique Content in your video description. - YouTube allows you to write quite a long description of your video. Create descriptions with your main keywords that you want to be found for all over the content but make sure it's unique content in your description. You'll get punished with lower YouTube search rankings by just swiping someone else's description content without tweaking it. Make sure to include your main keywords in your title, description and tags and always start your description with a full url link to your lead capture page.
4) Do not hype or pitch your deal - This is the quickest way to repel people. Nobody wants to be pitched on a business opportunity. Let your helpful content attract good people and let human nature take over and people will be lead by curiosity to your links. Don't be desperate.
5) Review videos are golden - Provide reviews of tools, resources and programs that your target market would find useful. Give people honest information and they will appreciate you even if they don't always agree.
6) Submit your video to Social Bookmarking sites - Submit the link for your video to sites like Propeller and Digg to get more exposure for your videos. You can use a site like SocialMarker to make this process faster and easier.
7) Don't limit yourself to YouTube - While YouTube is definitely the biggest and most well known video sharing site, there are many others that get a ton of traffic too. Use a site like TubeMogul to automatically distribute your video to a number of other video sharing sites at once.
Youtube video marketing is just one of many free and low cost internet marketing tactics, but if you follow these tips and consistently create one or two videos per week with valuable content, you'll very quickly be generating leads on autopilot 24 hours per day.
The author is an experienced internet marketer and Internet Marketing Mentor